With your donations, we can provide more practical and emotional support to those in need.
For 185 years we have provided free services for blind and visually impaired Londoners. These services rely on voluntary donations and gifts in wills – we are an independent charity and receive no government or local authority funding.
In the past year, we supported more than 1250 people. Our free services can change lives for people who are blind or partially sighted in the twelve inner London boroughs in which we work. However, we need to do more. It is predicted that by 2020, the number of people with sight loss in the UK will rise to over 2,250,000.
Please help today, either via direct debit or a one-off donation.
Regular support helps us plan ahead and provide long-term support to our service users. Please consider a monthly direct debit.
- £5 would cover the cost of a low vision aid to help someone make a hot drink independently
- £10 would cover the cost of providing sighted guide and visual impairment awareness training to a volunteer
- £20 would cover the cost of a regular visit to an isolated, visually impaired person in their home
- £40 would cover the cost of providing a whole day of classes for someone attending one of our Community Projects
- £120 would cover the cost of 3 months of regular visits to one of our service users
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can choose to Gift Aid your donation so that £10 would be worth £12.50 to BlindAid. At no additional cost to you, we can claim an additional .25p on every £1 donated.
Contact our fundraising team
Tel: 020 7403 6184
Write to us:
102 Bermondsey Street